Sunday, June 22, 2008

Coming Right Along

Front View of Bag

As you can see, I've been busy with construction of the diaper bag. I chose to cast on with the knitting needs and do the bottom of the bag in a seed stitch, using two strands of yarn to make it extra durable. I'm liking the look!

Detail of Granny Square Diaper Bag

I have decided to knit the lining in stockinette stitch also using two strands of yarn. It is turning out great! I have ideas for a trim edge at the top of the bag, and the shoulder straps. I was thinking of a short-stubby crocheted fringe around the top. For the lining I just picked up stitches at the top of the bag and did stockinette stitch on circular needles. It's working very well.

Bag Lining

I have to post a couple pics of an afghan I have had for years, made by my Grandma. It's my favorite. My Grandma had an eye for color and was very talented with crochet, and the sewing machine!!! I love her eye for design!

Grandma's Afghan

Phoebe Looking Very Humble!

Phoebe had to get in on the fun when the camera was out!! She looks so cute on the afghan...my little comfort hound!

No comments: