Monday, October 6, 2008

SHE'S DONE!!!

Finally Done!
Finally!! I got her done this weekend. Just finished up weaving in the ends before I snapped this picture! I love it!!!! It's a nice size, about 5x5, very soft, and a great weight. Perfect to snuggle up under on those cold days. I used Red Heart Soft, twelve colors I believe and the edging is simply four rows of half double crochet.

As those who know me, I am so addicted to granny squares. I don't know why, but I love the way they look when I get them sewn together. I knew when I started this blanket I did not want each square to be alike...I wanted my afghan to have a folk art feel to it...and I think it does! This will be one of my treasures!
She's Done!!Granny Square Close Up
Here it is laid out flat. It definitely has a folk art look to it. I couldn't be more pleased with it. Of course, it looks so much better in real life.

Now that this is done, I hear Babette is calling to me! It needs to be finished.

I managed to squeeze in some time to get another wrap knit up for my etsy shop. I am a little attached to this one. It's so soft and I love the red and brown colors together. I made it nice and long so it can be used as a scarf as well.
Shades of Red and Brown
I think I like it best worn as a wrap. But it's hard to decide. I used a variety of yarns in different textures size 10 circular and a simple garter stitch and accent rows of cream with a button whole stitch...it gives it yummy texture. I decided that it needed no fringe on the ends. You can see how many ways it can be worn!
Brown and Red WrapShades of Red and Brown

Well, gotta go...IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!! :-)

1 comment:

Annie said...

The blanket is GORGEOUS!!! I love it! And, I'm sure the colors are so much sharper in person!!!