Monday, July 5, 2010

Baby Blanket Done!

Well, I finished up the baby blanket!  Yay!  And I do love it...so much that I really would like to keep it.  It seems to be right at home on my back porch.  For some reason I can't stop taking pictures of it.  It's my favorite of all the baby binky's I have ever done. 

Phoebe has given it seal of approval as well.  We spent our morning out on the porch lounging and messing with the plants.  This is her spot!

I really like using variegated yarn in my squares.  It really gives each square a different look, although they all go together.  I have never been one to use just a few colors, I get bored working on it.  The more I mix up, the happier I am!

So...now that I am done...I have started some new squares for another blankie.  It's the same but different!  LOL.  I am using more blue and instead of the dusty green I have picked up a pretty apple green.  And I am sewing my squares together instead of joining as I go. 

Pretty???  This square has three different variegated yarns in it...and I am crocheting the first round in each square in blue.  I can't wait to get about four of these done and joined to see how it's going to look.

Well, the three day weekend is coming to a close and it's back to work tomorrow.  And it's also going to be a hot one!   100 degrees on Wednesday!!  That's hot. 


Bye!

4 comments:

Aussie Maria said...

The blanket looks perfect where it is - it really matches with everything else there

Just Be Happy said...

it does look at home there, it's beautiful!

crazymotheringchick said...

These are so beautiful. Your grannies are such great colors. And you really have a gift for photography as well, the photos really show them off so nicely.

Linda said...

I tried to find the brand and color that you mentioned, but no longer available.