Sunday, December 2, 2012

Funky Crocheted Snowflakes!

I have been wanting to do some Christmas crochet for a couple of weeks now.  Last night I finally got the mojo going and came up with these little snowflakes.  
I am thinking of adding some beads and tassels, and hangers.  I was also toying with the idea of a garland.  Right now I am not sure. 
They are all in acrylic yarn and I am using a size E hook. Pretty simple actually, all you have to do is crochet two snowflakes and sandwich them together and crochet an edging around them.  I am still experimenting with different shapes and colors.  Of course, they can be done in white...but I love the color!
Any granny square or flower pattern will work.  I am going to do some square grannies and see how they come out.  I like them because they are bright and kind of funky!

Things have been busy here.  Thanksgiving last week, and a hectic week at work.  I have managed to get a scarf done and another "secret" project (which I am dying to show everyone!!)  

Phoebe enjoyed the beach (her first time ever).  She had a blast, even in the cold!
Here she is on the beach.  Her cuteness was blinding!!! 

11 comments:

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Phoebe is so cute! I like your colorful snowflakes!! They are really pretty!

Twigwoman said...

Love your snowflakes, but my question is about Phoebe. I've wanted Dachshund for the longest time and whenever I tell anyone I do I always get the same response: DO NOT GET ONE - they are IMPOSSIBLE to housebreak..... Now obviously there are many folks who have them so are they really that difficult to train?
Thought since I am raising my granddaughter and she too is crazy for them - A Doxie might just be the RIGHT fit for us!!!!

Jane Delcambre said...

Oh Dawn! These are just exciting! My favorites are the red, yellow, blue, blue one & the one with the wide red round in it. Super cool, I must say.
Phoebe looks very happy on her very first beach day....he he

Maria said...

Dear little Phoebe; so gorgeous! Love those snowflakes; I'm going to work on one tonight if the temps have gone down a bit..it's over 90 degrees F here today :-(

Unknown said...

@Twigwoman, in my experience they are not different than any other puppy to train. Phoebe will actually go to the door and scratch on it with those little stubby paws when she needs to go out. I do have a problem with her not going in the grass, she hates it rubbing on her tummy I guess. I love the breed, they are so full of personnality and little cuddlers, too!

Melissa said...

Love the colorful snowflakes! Phoebe is such a beach beauty.

Charlotte said...

Love Phoebe! Cute snowflakes! Great idea.

Tammy said...

Hello I love love your snowflakes and of course Phoebe :) she is so sweet.. I love your blog I've been crocheting all day LOL I'm getting addicted. Wish you a great weekend waiting anxiously to see more snowflakes :)

Tammy

Yolanda said...

Me encantan tus trabajos cuando algo me gusta intento hacerlo, pero no me salen tan bonitos como los tuyos. besos Yolanda

Unknown said...

Phoebe is adorable! I love your snowflakes too!

Sher said...

Would love it if you wrote up a few of those cute snowflake patterns!