Friday, May 23, 2008

Vintage Style Granny Square Purse


My crocheting takes me so many places, like back in time. When I was a kid about 8 or 9, I remember my grandmother crocheted a purple poncho for me and a granny square bag to match. I LOVED it! I wish I still had it! But I have fond memories of wearing it. The poncho had fringes all around it.
Well, this bag that I designed reminds me of that. The alternating square, which I call "Art Deco Granny" is one of my own. It fits so well with the 'classic' granny. Once I had the purse finished, I had an extra square left from where I was experimenting with color combinations...well...I had to do something with it. Hence, the "Tasseled Dangle". It's like icing on the cake!
I am selling this pattern in my etsy shop if interested, along with a scarf pattern. I used LionBrand Microspun. It is sooooo soft, almost silky feeling.

I have a new design brewing in my head. My sister has requested a diaper bag for a new arrival coming in July! So, I'm thinking something with the granny's would be perfect for her!
I'm so glad to be coming up on a long weekend...and am looking forward to working with some granny squares and enjoying some pretty weather!

No comments: