Sunday, April 6, 2014

Little Black Cloud

This week I have had the pleasure of enduring the tempers of some of those around me.  It has been a little more than I can really deal with driving me to tears a couple times.  Oh, I can just put up a good face and keep pushing forward, but truthfully it is so depressing.  Why do people do this?  Well, we all know how we would answer that question, it has to be something we have done, although truthfully it probably is not.  What is the saying I used to hear when I was little?  "She wears her heart on her sleeve."  I think that would be me!  LOL!!  

I suppose I am feeling a bit sorry for myself.  The phone hasn't rang all weekend.  Some of my texts and emails have gone unnoticed.  That feeling of being invisible comes creeping back.  And it's an awful feeling.  With a little time I am sure all this will go away and I will forget all about it, but at the moment it sucks!!!!  It literally drains every ounce of creativity out of me.  I don't have the slightest desire to pick up a crochet hook or a set of knitting needles.  

My leg is healing along.  It was so swollen from being on it this week, so yesterday I kept it elevated as much as I could, it made a difference today!  I cannot wait till I am able to get myself easily downstairs to the garage and into my car!!  I miss that freedom!!   I am sure being able to just get out and about easier is going to be huge for my mood!   I would love to visit a thrift store or Goodwill!!!

I thought I would sign off with one of my favorite pictures of my little niece wrapped up in the blanket I made her.  I love her cheeks!!  

I hope everyone has a great week!!!  I am going to do my best to doe the same myself!


14 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Dawn, I am always thrilled when I see your posts. Your crochet is some of my most favorite that I see on the Internet. Many of your creations have inspired me. I am sorry that I've never commented before. I wish I lived close to you, I'd come over and cheer you up! Some new yarn would do just the trick! I hope you heal soon so you can have your freedom back. Have a nice week! Twyla

Unknown said...

Get well fast Dawn! I always love your photographs! Sending Hugz and cheer your way! Hugz Lisa and Bear

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

It must be disheartening to be laid up and stuck in the house for so long. Can you open your windows and let in some sunshine and fresh air?

The nice thing about blogging is that there is always somebody out there to cheer you up. :-)

Your niece is adorable.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I always tell my daughter that when she is feeling blue, to do something nice for someone else and it will make her happy in her heart.

Pammy Sue said...

You poor thang! Injuries and convalescing will do that to you, sweetie! And if you've taken any pain meds, that will also mess with your mind. I know that feeling all too well! Trust me. You will feel better with time. You are certainly not invisible here in blogland!! So many people love seeing your posts and creative makes, including me. I'm at the top of the list. Hope you feel better and the moodiness of others slides off your back more easily in the days and weeks to come. XOXO

gaia said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and I love your work. I hope you feel better soon...Gaia.

Charlotte said...

Hope you soon feel better. I understand completely how you feel. Love your crochet and look forward to your posts.

Debi said...

Hi Dawn. Thanks for the update; you have been missed :) I've been in the mood-boat you're in and agree, it's no fun - but will pass - especially, as your leg heals more. For me, that's usually after the anger stage, tho, haha. The lack of Spring and the rainy cold weather doesn't help to improve ANYONE'S mood, either. Just believe you are loved because there are so many people that admire you AND, not just the one's in your immediate surroundings. Take care AND, one day at a time. The sunshine is coming! (smiles)

River Glorious said...

I never thought of making such a colorful blanket for a baby. Mine was pale pink and white, for my first grandchild. This one looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

I'm in North Carolina too and I hope this is the last cold rain...Your spirits will lift when the sun is out and the dogwood trees and azaleas start to bloom!

Mereknits said...

You are not invisible my friend, I am guessing these texts are to younger people, my son has a habit of not texting back, it makes me so mad. Sending you a big, big hug.
Meredith

steinhard said...

Hay, you have a really lovely blog :)
Can you, please, explain how to make and post on to different pages, like you do?
Thank you and have a nice day :)

Sam I Am...... said...

So sorry to hear you are "under the weather" physically and in your spirit. 99% of what people "sling" unto others is not about us....it's about them but it is REALLY hard not to take things personally at times. I know about feeling invisible too. But I'll tell you what...I think sometimes it is "arranged" that way so we can learn to love ourselves and not rely do much on what others think ie; become our true and authentic selves. I've gotten so used to it now and I have never loved my life more! Try to look at it as a gift and not a punishment. Remember...rejection is protection! LOL! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"!

ES said...

(((hugs)) from Down Under. I love your blog and I love your use of varigated yarns and it has inspired me to start up lots of new projects!! I find a lovely granny square the best when I am not feeling loads of inspiration, new colour combos or new yarn worked up into a granny is always great, befor eyou know it you have a pile of grannies and new ideas start sprouting again :)

Nancy said...

Hi... I found your blog thru a picture on PINTEREST. It was the one of your Mom sitting and shirreting. I learned the craft years ago from the lady, Louise McCrady, who revived the art and wrote the book and made the needles available. Recently, I started again and got a couple friends interested. Louise McCrady's daughter, here in Ct. had some new improved needles made up also. It's a fun thing to do and the rugs will certainly be heirlooms, lasting much longer than any of us. :-) My recent work was a couple shirret chair pads. Hope you'll soon be feeling better in spirit and with your leg.