I finished up my Santa cross stitch this weekend! Yay!! I have some little quickie projects I want to get started on. So this is a good feeling of accomplishment. My next step is to come up with a creative idea to finish him up in. I am sure Pinterest will help me out with that!
I have been doing some reflecting this week. Actually, it has been quite a week. Work has been full of challenges. My diet has been doing very well, but not without those temptations!!! So I have learned some things this week and thought I share!
1. Friends matter. They are like family. When they are hurting, you are hurting.
2. You have to take care of yourself, mentally and physically. They both work together. It’s important. I have been doing a Keto diet. So far 15 pounds. I am still discovering those foods that give me energy, and those that I should stay away from. I find that the better I feel physically the better I fell mentally.
3. God is always there. (In fact I should list this as the first item). He is right with us all experiencing the ups and the downs with us. He is there, and we shouldn’t ignore him.
4. Some people are just mean and insensitive. They can unknowingly say things that can hurt to your gut. They rarely change. I pray for them.
5. It is good to let those important to you that you love them. You don’t always have to use words to do that. A simple kindness and a look can made a stronger impact on someone.
6. Quiet time is essential. Put away the phone and other distractions and try get 30 minutes alone with your thoughts.
7. Read a bible verse every day. I do need to work on this. But I find if I read a verse, I usually read a full chapter, and most times there is a lessons in it for me.
8. God hears our tears. Tears are pure and honest. Groaning of the heart.
9. I try not to cus. Sometimes something slips through...then I feel bad about it.
10. Guard your soul.
Of course some of these I have learned before this week. But I was reminded of all of these over the past few days.
I am thankful the weekend is here. I hope to spend some time with my folks. Mom is doing ok. She still has not gone back onto her treatment until all her gastric problems have cleared up. She can use prayers!!!
I am back on my crochet project now, so an update with plenty of pictures should be on the way!!!!
I will close with a picture of Phoebe going night night the other evening.
Doesn’t that look cozy!!!!!!