Saturday, March 14, 2009

Super Groovy Granny Square Skirt


Finally finished!! This is the reason I love crochet, it's for projects like this. I was contacted by Denaz, a very talented lady from the UK who designs jewelry made from old vintage pieces. She contacted me, and through emails back and forth she told me of how much she liked my work and the way I worked with color. She asked if I could make her a skirt. After looking at her etsy site and her website, I was honored...such talent! And I am planning on sending her a couple of pieces of some vintage costume jewelry handed down to me by my Grandmother...I cannot wait to get it to her and see what she comes up with!

Well, here it is, all finished and ready to go on a journey to the UK to its new owner!

I used a beaded lariat made by my Grandma Alice as a belt...now how hip is that?! I think this would be adorable with some dark hose and a pair of boots. (Maybe I need one for myself?)

I had an idea for a crocheted belt...so below is the result. Quite cute! I have more of the buckles, and tons of yarn, so there should be more coming to go into the etsy shop!



The belt is crocheted in a strand of ribbon yarn and a natural rayon yarn.



Yes, I've been busy this week...I also finished up this scarf. This yarn is so soft and colorful. It has a homespun look to it up close. One hank made this scarf, I used every bit of it!

This too will probably go into the etsy shop.



So, now here I sit trying to contemplate what I want to work on next. Decisions, decisions! I think maybe another fun scarf in blacks and reds...I have some yummy yarn that I picked up at Hobby Lobby calling to me.....what....here I come!

Final Note: This week has proven to be one in which I have really stepped back and thanked God for my girlfriends!! They mean the world to me...I don't know what I would do without them!

9 comments:

Zu said...

Wow! The skirt turned out even better than I had pictured. You did a fantastic job!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Fabulous skirt! Fabulous belt! Fabulous scarf! Such busy hands and beautiful work!

MGM

Christy T said...

OMG!!! I love that skirt!

Anonymous said...

holy moly, that is SO gorgeous! i have had granny-square skirts in my to-do list on Ravelry.. maybe I should get on it and make myself one of these. It WOULD look fabulous with tights and boots!

Just Be Happy said...

the skirt, belt and scarf are breath taking!
I love you work!!!

Debb said...

The skirt turned out great and the added belt from your grandmothers collection is fitting... I'm sure she'll love it... beautiful belt and scarf.... Girlfriends are just great... everyone needs one or two or three...

Unknown said...

Thank you all...my blogger friends are the best!

Crochet Goddess said...

That skirt looks great. I love the belt too and the scarf. Your projects always look so good.

Insensata! by Laura Sners said...

I fell in love with that skirt, Dawn! It's gorgeous!