Friday, January 2, 2009

Day One of 2009

I woke up early on New Year's Day. Fed little Phoebe, took her out to do her business, and we came back in and settled in. I picked up my crochet hook and started on a granny square. I'm using Vanna's Choice. I'm thinking of making another granny square throw to enter into her contest...it would be so exciting if it won something!
The beginnings of a new project

The past couple of evenings I have stayed in and watched movies...I just can't sit in front of the t.v. without something in my hands or I will fall asleep! This little crocheted scarf is the result of that. I will probably put it in my etsy shop. It's just a simple crocheted scarf with some of my leftover yarn in those warm colors that I love so much!

Crocheted Scarf

Crocheted Scarf

Can you believe it's 2009?! Wow, time is zooming by so fast. I spent the day at my mom's and we had the traditional New Year's Day dinner, pork, greens and black-eyed peas. I ate extra greens...let's see if it brings me fortune!

3 comments:

Devon said...

Happy New Year Dawn,
I found your blog and love all the crochet things you have made,,it is funny you are using Vanna's yarn for your new granny square and that you mention the contest, the baby afghan I am making picture on blog is Vanna's baby yarn, and I read about the contest..I love the colors in your granny square..keep up the beautiful work.
Devon

Just Be Happy said...

the way you are talented, you might end up winning a great prize!
I have submitted a couple of crochet projects to the contest... we never know.

Samanta L. Oliveira said...

Thanks for invite me.i will do the answer as soon as possible...Have a very good 2009!!!!!!