Friday, January 9, 2009

Large Stack of Granny Cakes!

Don't they look yummy??! I am getting close to getting all my squares completed and ready for blocking. These are going to make a nice size throw for the sofa! And yes, I plan on entering my finished afghan into the Vanna's Choice contest.
I do like the colors. They are warm and cozy just as the should be! I am hoping this weekend to get this thing close to assembled so I can finish it up in time to enter it into the contest.

On a different note, it's Friday night, and it has been such a strange week. I've had a hard time keeping up with what day it is...too many appointments, and with all Brad's job stuff going on, we're exhausted. He has taken the contract job in Miami, so things around here are really going to change. My grandmother always said, "life can change in one moment"...and she is so right! No, we are not moving, he'll be coming home about every three weeks. At this point, we are just thankful that there was a job out there for him, and this opportunity is one he cannot pass up!!!

Wish us luck...I imagine I will be scoring a lot more t.v. time to watch some "chick flicks" and getting a lot of knitting and crocheting in. Hopefully it will keep me from being too lonesome!

2 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

Well, I wish you all the best!
I am glad to see that you are thinking positive. It's hard to be away from the person you love, but it's also a blessing having a job these days.
The grannies look great, by the way.
:o)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on the contest and I hope you win. I love your blog and also your designs. Would you have a very simple granny square pattern for a beginner???

debbebennett at yahoo dot com