Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meet the Schneebly's

Greetings from here at Snowman Central! Yes, we are in complete Christmas Mode here, and I must say I do love it. It took me a little bit of effort to get my Christmas Mojo going, but once I got the tree up, well, it was on!

These are my newest snowmen. A sweet little snowman couple. I do believe these will soon be packed up into a Christmas Box and on their way to my sister's house in Vegas. Who says it doesn't snow in Vegas!! I hope she will like them.

I have since cast on and done a few rounds for my next snowman. I have so many Christmas projects to make I am beginning to fret about not getting them all done. Luckily these little guys do work up quickly.

Let me share some little branches on our Christmas Tree with you! This little elf is from my "plastic canvas" days! I have many more, but he is one of my favorites.

And here are two SPECIAL ornaments that are very dear to my heart. The little Santa popping out of the chimney was made by my Grandma. She was a master with plastic canvas! I get this little kid giddiness when I unpack these ornaments and hang them...it's such a simple thing, but it puts a smile on my face! The little beaded bell is just one of about two dozen that were made and given to me by an aunt. My tree would not be complete with out them!
This is a little 'tablescape' I put together using my reindeer (purchased a couple years ago from BigLots) and snips of greenery and ribbon that I never throw out!! A little greenery and ribbon can go a long way!! I thought the deer looked really pretty tucked into all this gold and green.

So, now it's time to get off the computer and pick up my sticks and wind down the day! I am tired tonight, my back/hip has not been happy at all these past few days and it tends to wear me down easily.

3 comments:

Aussie Maria said...

My favourites would have to be the snow couple and the elf - so very cute

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Your little snow couple is just darling! Vegas will be so much more Christmasy with them there! Love seeing your special ornaments too.

MGM

Kar said...

Love the snowmen. So cute! And the homemade ornaments are wonderful! I love mine also.

Have a great weekend Dawn! Hope you feel better!

xxxx