Friday, December 4, 2009

Scrappy Inspiration!

I just have to share with my bloggy buddies this little scrappy scarf done by a high school classmate that I have come to know through facebook! Although we didn't know each other well in school, I have had a blast getting to know her and have discovered that maybe it's a good thing we didn't hang together in school, because I do believe...we would have really gotten ourselves into trouble!!


Well Laura has picked up her knitting needles and just looky and all that yarny, scrappiness!!! I love it!
Take a close look...see the beads??? Now how ingenious is that??! Of course Laura, don't be hate'n...but I have got to give that a try!!

Your scarf is gorgeous and I cannot wait to see what your next project is!

I have to say, I have become a fan of facebook just for this reason! I have had a blast getting to know Laura. I think when reunion time comes around the two of us are going to have a blast!

Here is the monster that got it started...my scrappy, garter stitch scarf. Now after looking at Laura's I would love to add some beads to this! And what about sewing a little patch of wool on the scarf with a vintage button attached!!! I can see it in my head...maybe when all these Christmas projects get finished I can give another scrappy scarf a try!
I am wishing all you blogsters a great day, hopefully some yarn will be mixed in with the day!

3 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

I'm so much in love with the scrappy scarves, they are simply awesome!

Kar said...

Love all the scraps you are using in yours. Gorgeous!

xxxx

DaCraftyLady said...

OMG I love it!!! And this scarf is just like what my LYC did as a club project a couple years ago. We all started a scarf then at each meeting we exchanged with another who in turn worked 12 rows. It was such fun and we all ended up with this wonderful scarf that had been knitted and crocheted by all the members. We also included a journal and each person that worked on the scarf wrote up a little paragraph of anything they wanted while they worked on your scarf. We took a year and then we all got our scarves back. :) See my post on this....http://crochetoholic.blogspot.com/2012/03/club-craft-crochet-knit-projects-over.html

I love your blog. :)