Saturday, August 30, 2008

Creative Saturday

Waking up this morning, I felt awful...my hip hurt to the tenth degree. I felt depressed and had a serious case of the blues. Four weeks of physical therapy has helped it a great deal, but it still hurts. I forced myself to get up and get dressed and made myself get in the car and went to Hobby Lobby, hoping it would improve my mood. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! While strolling through the store, there was a lady in there with a buggy full of fall stems browsing through all the silk flowers...I couldn't help but stare at her buggy full of flowers thinking, "OMG...what fun!" We struck up a conversation, and she said she was out playing and probably spending way too much money, but she didn't care. I had to get in on the fun, and with a gift certificate in my wallet I went for it! I completely forgot about the dull ache in my hip.

I walked (or rather kinda limped) out of the store pushing a buggy full of fall flowers, a cool vase, and some card making paraphernalia, with a big smile on my face. After a quick stop at the grocery store I set out for home. I could not wait to play with my stuff.












This is what I came up with. It has a place in my dining room now, and I love looking at it every time I walk through the dining room on the way to the kitchen.

Happy Ponchette
Believe it or not, I was able to knit a ponchette to put in my Etsy shop. I like the colors, they are happy and bright. I am thinking about doing a couple more of these in other colors as well as some long skinny scarves to put into the shop. Hopefully they will do well.

Red Heart Afghan Progress!
Saturday afternoon I worked in another row on my afghan. As it gets bigger, my progress slows, but it's still progress. It's coming along nicely and I think I will have it done by fall.
Granny Square Progress

I thoroughly enjoy crocheting these squares. I don't know what it is about the granny square, but I love 'em...each and every one of them.

Tomorrow is Sunday...who knows what it has in store!

2 comments:

Very Herodotus said...

Word on the street is that Sunday was for card-making... Sorry your hip is still hurting!!

Rossana Ortiz said...

Hermosisima manta!! Te felicito!! Saludos Roxy