Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grandma's Granny Square Afghan

I went by my mom and dad's house on Sunday afternoon and look at what she handed me! I couldn't wait to get it home.
Grandma's Granny Square Blanket
This blanket was crocheted by my Grandma Alice after getting home from the hospital. In fact, she was too weak to stay at home alone so she stayed with my folks while she got stronger and made this while staying with them. It had some places that needed repair. I made a few repairs where it was beginning to unravel. I can tell she didn't feel well when she was making it, some of the squares are flipped upside down, but the crocheting was perfect...I wouldn't change it for the world.
Of course, Phoebe had to get into the action! She looks so pretty!
Phoebe
Phoebe
I spent the majority of the week in Wilmington at a conference. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I did find some time to work on my afghan and was able to add a row of squares working on it in the evenings when I would get back in my room. I did find a lady at the conference that loved crochet as much as I did! We shared some stories and I showed her what I was working on. That was kinda fun!
Check it out! It is looking so pretty!
Red Heart Squares
All I got done was that row on the top. I suppose things will slow down now so I can spend more time working on my blanket. It shouldn't be too much longer before it was finished.
Wilmington was gorgeous. I only wish I had more time to enjoy it, so much of our time was spent in educational sessions. We did go on a "Dinner Cruise" on Saturday night down the Cape Fear River. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of ladies let off some steam!!!
Cape Fear Dinner Cruise
I snapped this shot of the sunset while standing at the bow of the ship. It's a definite "God Shot"...the sky was so full of color!

No comments: