Monday, November 22, 2010

Blue Stripes

Amidst the choas of everyday life in Sparksville right now, I have managed to squeeze out another scarf!  I couldn't be more pleased with how the striping turned out. 
Blue Stripes

As you can guess, here lately I am so obsessed with working with this variegated yarn...and I can't seem to step away from it.  I want to try every color combination I possibly can.  LOL! 
Blue Stripes

I had to make another Hobby Lobby run on Saturday.  And once I got in side I made a B-line straight for the yarn department.  LOL.  I had so much left over variegated yarn left over from one of my granny shawls, shown below, that needs to be used up.
Tropical Waves Half Granny Wrap
These colors are a little out of my comfort zone.  I prefer the warmer earthtones.  So, I looked, and thought to myself, why don't I find something that I think would NEVER go with this!  BRILLIANT!!!  So I grabbed a skein of gray, black and fushia variegated yarn...what next??

Well.....

Just look!

Curiosity

I LIKE IT!  I was thinking that this experiment might turn out to be Butt Ugly, but in fact, it is really looking pretty!  I have a good twelve inches worked up, and hoping during this holiday week and a long weekend I can spend some time knitting on it and enjoying the colors!  Perhaps while watching some good Christmas movies!

I also want to share a crochet project I have had hiding in the corner, that is calling my name.  I pulled it out and did a couple rows on it as well. 
Granny Time!

Here's a little sneak peak for you...there will me more to come.

Chow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely yarn - I wish we could get it over here in the UK

Alhana said...

That scarf turned out beautiful!
:-)

Libby said...

You have such an eye for color! Everything you do turns out great.
Would you mind telling us what yarn you used on the completed scarf?

Unknown said...

Libby, I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn Stripes in the Blue Camo Stripe and Peacock colors. I am absolutely in love with this yarn!

Devon said...

Thanks to you(in a good way)I had to run out to Hobby Lobby and get some yarn and knit up one of these,,posted picture on my blog,,and now I am itching for another one,,yours look beautiful..I can so see the addition of these..I knitted up the mistake rib pattern,,a little skinnery then yours,,thanks for the inspiration..Happy Thanksgiving..

JAI said...

nice stripes.to get non violent solution to any of your prolem,
http://bappu-mohan.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

The scarf is beautiful! How did you do it, did you use two strands - one of each, or did you use one color/print for awhile and switch to the other? It looks fantastic!