Sunday, October 12, 2008

FRIDAY NIGHT LEFT OVERS

My new granny square scarf.
Now these are my kinda leftovers! Believe it or not, I crocheted up this little scarf in one evening! Friday evening we put a movie in the dvd player, and I decided I would like to do some granny squares while watching a movie. (Honestly, if I don't have something to work on while watching t.v. I'll fall asleep!) This is some yarn I had leftover from my latest wrap/scarf that was calling to me! I crocheted my squares together as I went along, which I normally don't do. It turned out so cute - and it's all mine! I plan on wearing this one this fall and winter. I do have a couple more in the works for my etsy shop.
WIP - Granny Square ScarfWIP - Granny Square Scarf
These are both going to be really cute when I get them finished up. My goal is to get them done this week. I have been on such a crochet kick lately. And this weekend I got so much done! These two scarves were started...a finished scarf on Friday night, and I also picked up the Lambs Pride I have been holding and started experimenting with it.

I love the colors in this Lambs Pride. They are so vibrant. I was thinking of a little blanket for one of my nieces, but this has too much wool in it, it's just not baby friendly. They do look very girlie though!

Playing with Yarn!!
So at this point, I am not sure where I am going with these. I have asked some of my flickr buddies for suggestions, so we'll see! They are so full of creative ideas...I love my flickr friends!

Okay, the weekend wouldn't be complete without getting Phoebe into the act, and since I had the camera out, and the light on the covered porch was perfect, I took advantage. I rarely get a bad picture of her. I posed her on my afghan...she looks so pretty! She has to indulge me since Brad won't let me take his picture and there are no kids in the house.

Phoebe on the Afghan
Phoebe on the Afghan
Just look at that face! I suppose those that don't have children can understand how I spoil this little creature. She has brought so much life into the house.

Sunday evening is here, and I'm starting to think about work, and the week ahead. I hope it will be a good week. My low carbing is doing very well and I am in the zone! It takes a while to get your body there. I've been on it about three weeks now. I haven't actually stepped on the scale to check my progress. I do better if I don't. I can gauge my success perfectly from a pair of jeans I have in the closet!!! I'm getting there!
Week 3, Low Carbing
You see that chocolate candy in the background of Brad's? It isn't even tempting me!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, little Miss Phoebe is so pretty!!! And, I love those Lamb's Pride squares! Really neat!

Anonymous said...

The chocolate is tempting me! You would be more than welcome to bring it next weekend :)