Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Granny Square Tote Bag

Newest Granny Square Bag
I have my squares done and I am starting the assembly of my new tote bag. I would say this is the favorite step for me, I love stitching my squares together. Most don't like this part, but not me, it instantly transforms the squares. Did I say this bag is for myself? Yup, it's all mine! I have wanted an oversized tote to drag my projects around in with room for a couple of books possibly a snack, and whatever else I can fit in it!

I am lovin the colors. Half the fun is the designing as I go. I've never been one to draw things out although I do have a good picture in my brain of what I am wanting.
Sunday evening I got all my grannies stitched together, then cast on with some black yarn for the bottom of the bag. This step is simply knitting a seed stitch on circular needles.
Work in Progress
Work in Progress
I will probably continue this until I get it about 4 to 5 inches wide then bind it off and begin the bottom of the bag. I want the bottom to be flat and very sturdy! I plan on using this baby!!
It's only Wednesday...so maybe by the weekend I will get to finish this up! The seed stitch bores me a bit, so I am a bit slow with this part.

Meanwhile, here is some crochet inspiration I wanted to post for future use!

I thought this was so pretty! It looks like it is done in about five different colors...it's very impressive! The square looks fairly simple, but I bet it eats up some yarn.




Pretty...pretty...pretty. The colors in this are gorgeous.















Now this is just plain yummy! It's full of color and looks so soft.

5 comments:

spacecraft said...

I would have never thought this about myself, but I just LOVE the granny squares on the black background!! The black yarn just makes the colors pop. Amazing bag!!

Alhana said...

These squares are lovely framed in black :D

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! I'm loving the black border even more than I thought I would!

MaryGail loves macrame said...

I was wondering where did you get photo of this georgous blanket on bottom right side of photos it is yellow,brown mixed color it is beautiful

A.M.G. said...

I, too, would love to know where to find the pattern for the beautiful afghan in the photo on the right at the bottom with the yellow, orange, green and brown colors. Thanks so much!