Sunday, March 28, 2010

Passing the Torch - Sunshine Bloggers Award

I wanted to share a little video I made today on a neat trick I learned! Knitting those loose ends as you go. This has been such a time saver for me. A lot of my work changes colors constantly, and I can literally spend hours weaving in those ends.

This is my first video, and I do admit it is crude, but you get my point!



My new poncho pattern is very close to being complete and I will be ready for a big tah-dah posting very soon!  I can't tell you how excited this makes me!!!

Now, on to some fun business!
A big huge thank you to Kar for sharing the
Sunshine Blogger Award
with me.

Kar's knitting and crochet skills are off the chain!  I come to know her and her blog through a yarn swap (which I would love to participate in again!)  Her blog is full of yummy yarny goodness mixed in with her life in Idaho.

So here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

Here are my choices (no particular order):

1.
Silver Thistle at Grannies and Ripples - her blog is exactly as titled, full of the most awesome ripple and granny square crochet you will ever find!  

2.
CT at A stitch in time, A day at a time - I love this gal!  I have gotten to know her on facebook as well, she is full of fun and yarny crochet business!

3.
Alessandra at Just Be Happy, because she makes me happy with all her crochet creations and her sweet baby Lucus!

4.
Fru-la-la at the Adventures of a Silly Silly Girl because she is a silly silly girl!  She has some serious yarn skills and I love to hear her podcast!

5.
Linka at Linka's Boutique because she knows her way around a sewing machine and designs the cutest kids clothes!  Linka and I have just found each other through facebook after about 30 years!  It's been so much fun!

6.
Kim at Thinking Out Loud.  Her words speak straight to my heart.  I found her through Blog of the Day and have been a fan ever since!

7.
My Girl Mel at PfeifferGrad03's Blog, cuz she's my knittin buddy who I spend my Tuesday evenings with at the Panera with our yarn!  The girl can knit like a wild woman!

8.
Knitting on Cloud IX because it is an absolutely beautiful blog full of knitting photographs!

For now that's it.  If I come up with four more I will add them!  But you should enjoy each of these blogs!

I hope all my bloggy buds have a great day!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks Dawn! How sweet of you tdato include me, you're a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the tip(s) on knitting in loose ends. Although I'm not an avid knitter as of YET!

But thanks just the same.

I also must say that your voice on the video took me totally off guard, I mean you surprised me is all. It's funny how you kind of put a voice to a face when reading blogs and observing personalities.

Well no offense to you of course, just surprised me is all.

I love all of your work!

Regards.

Unknown said...

Anonymous, no offense taken. I am a true North Carolina southern girl! The audio was bad on this, so I can blame it a little bit. LOL

Anonymous said...

No, no please. You have a lovely voice!

I just meant the tone sounded different, than what I expected.
In my mind I imagined your voice to be more tenor/bass toned.

You were totally opposite than what I expected, but, lovely just the same.

I actually like your real voice, than what I expected.

Regards.