Friday, December 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Just Be Happy... Lots of fun to tell you all a little bit more about myself and also to learn about you!

Here is how it goes: 1. Link to the person who tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog. 3. Write six random things about yourself. 4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. 5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Six random things about Fiddlesticks:

1. I am the oldest of five children and grew up in a happy home! To this day when all my brothers and sisters get together, it can get quite entertaining!

2. I divorced in 2001 after a 14 year marriage at the age of 39, and had no children, after picking myself up, dusting myself off and moving on (which took some time!) I met a great guy and we just got married in July! We have a nice little home and my new husband doesn't complain a bit about the piles of yarn I have everywhere!

3. I am a Deputy City Clerk...how I got here I have no idea! I have a degree in commercial art and advertising design...and I somehow seem to use my training everyday! I am pretty happy with doing the "clerk" thing during the day, and letting my creativity flow when I am not at work!

4. I learned to crochet when I was a kid by my grandmother, who taught me granny squares. I love to knit as well, but I have a special passion for crochet. I would sit and practice for hours, making potholders for my mom and little blankies. Both my grandmothers were extremely talented with a crochet hook, so I think I come by it honestly! In my projects I love to use a lot of color...working with one color or yarn bores me and I can lose interest so easily!

5. I think the internet is the greatest invention ever!! Through etsy, flickr, and facebook I have come to meet so many talented people, who inspire me daily!

6. I love Captain Morgan's Rum, Steak, anything chocolate, a good salad, muscadine wine, old black and white movies, a comfy pair of pajamas, Friday evenings, and my little wienie dog Phoebie, (which most have seen here on my blog and on flickr!)

Here are others I am interested in hearing about!

1. Little Purl of the Orient
2. Blue Berry Junkie
3. Poncho liners and 100 mph tape
4. Crochet Goddess
5. Diddle Daddle Designs
6. Eu só quero ser feliz

Seems like yesterday!
Oh so young!

And here I am today!
Me
Soon to be 47, and I find that the older I get the less I am concerned about those petty things that used to bother me, like dirty dishes, or a bad hair day - this is so cool! I find in interesting to watch myself change with age!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll try to post on that subject very soon. I love your work and look at your flickr photos often. As a matter of fact, I was looking at them just this morning. It is nice to "get to know" people around this wonderful blog world. Thanks again.
Teresa

Blueberry Junkie said...

Thanks for tagging me...what a fun game!!
I have visited your blog a few times. You make beautiful things.
Happy Holidays!!

Unknown said...

Dawn, just wanted to let you know that I have made my tagging post. Thanks again.
Teresa