Monday, December 29, 2008

Maya's Blanket

Oh how sad Phoebe has been these past few days. I am sure she is grieving over JD, they had become very close buds! She has roamed the house looking for him...laid around just staring into space, and been very clingy. I snapped this picture at lunchtime. Today is her first day alone without him or us there...and I believe you can see it on her face! Needless to say, Brad and I have both been the same way.



Before I get too emotional, I wanted to share the blanket I made for my niece. I finished it up yesterday, and was praying for a day of sunshine so I could get some good pictures of it. It is just as bright as it appears in these pictures! My original plan was to make more hotpads, but when I had completed about three squares and laid them out together I knew at that instant that they were destined to be a blanket!

I crocheted nine granny square panels, each with eleven rounds, using yarns from my leftovers basket. I did have to run pick up some more green because I had used up what I had, but other than that it's all from leftovers! And I am happy to say, I still have a basket brimming over with most of these yarns!



Here it is stretched out over my kitchen table. This little blanket sucks me in...if it's in the room I find myself staring at it. All that color, and with the sun shining on it, it just lights up!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn that blanket is beautiful. Do you randomly pick colors and place them in different sections on the squares? What size hook did you use?
Teresa

Devon said...

Dawn,
The blanket is beautiful,good job and I am sure your niece will love it,,give puppy dog a hug for me.
Devon

Unknown said...

Thanks Teresa. I guess my creative process is a bit different. I have a basket of what I call "leftovers" from other projects, and I group together the colors I like, it takes off from there. I usually like to pop up whatever I am working on with some cream or white yarn. I believe I used a size J hook for this blanket. Each granny is eleven rounds and there are nine grannies sewn together in the completed blanket. It's all very random.

I suggest you just go with some of your favorite colors, then add some contrasting colors to them...it's a good formula to follow!

Unknown said...

Thanks Devon...Phoebe has had a lot of extra hugs the past few days!!! She truly misses her JD!