Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Granny's Back!

I brushed off my crochet hook and finished this up this week.  It has been sitting in a corner taunting me for quite some time now.  So now, I have the crochet bug really bad!  But before I dive into another granny project I have a knit wrap to get done.

Today I managed to get some hours of sunlight during my lunch hour, so I snapped some pictures to share.  I must say, "I love this!"  Yarn and all!
I like the way I can make a little cowl collar when I wrap it this way.  I put a little single crochet edging around the entire granny.  Actually it's a chain 3, single crochet.

And the colors, well...they are my faves!  Warm fall colors!
Here's a little close up.  You can see the edging, and that blue band of color gives me a little skippy heart beat!

And the back!! 

I have had this yarn for quite some time, saving it for a half granny square wrap...and this one is all mine!  I used Pallet Fingering Weight Wool from Knit Picks. The colors it comes in are stunning...I would like a couple balls of each!

I could go on and on with more pictures...but I don't want over do it!  LOL.  I have more on my flickr page if interested.  Click and check them out.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Mine was great!  Lots of food and family.  I couldn't ask for more!

7 comments:

Fru-la-la! said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Kar said...

That is awesome! Nice job Dawn. :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty and cozy looking.

crazymotheringchick said...

Wow, that is beautiful. I love it a lot.

Jacey said...

Love this, it is beautiful!x

Tanna said...

LOVE IT!! that is just too wonderful!! Have to admit to a yarn addiction myself. LOL! Nice to have found your blog.

Sara said...

Hello Dawn! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment at www.tangledhappy.blogspot.com today. I am enjoying meeting so many new people through my blog! Your blog is wonderful!!! So many beautiful projects. Will have to stop by again soon when I have a little more time to browse around. :)